Dialogflow CX - DTMF on intents

I have Google Dialogflow CX integrated with the Cisco contact center. I like to use utterances and also DTMF on the menus. Doing it on Dialogflow ES was easy by entering the right digit under the training phrase. But I am unable to achieve the same result in CX by entering the desired digit under the training phrase. It looks like I can enable DTMF only under parameters, not able to use it with intents. Anyone has done this?

0 14 1,449
14 REPLIES 14

Hi!

For your use case, what you have to do basically is to have forms with a
parameter that has a DTMF enabled.

Here are the docs:
https://cloud.google.com/dialogflow/cx/docs/concept/parameter#dtmf

Best,
Xavi

Xavi,

I know I can use DTMF with parameters. In my use case, I need to capture BOTH utterance and DTMF for each intent on the menu. If I use the parameter, I can capture only DTMF/Digits.  If  I am wrong, please explain to me how you doing it.

Hi manojv,

Even I am facing the same issue. If you reslove your issue ca you help me.

@manojv  did you find a way out ? I am facing the same issue.. I am able to gather only voice or dtmf not both on Dialogflow..

In dialogflow cx, after start page(you dont have parameter creation option in start page) create a new page and in the new page create a parameter with entity type as number, enable the dtmf settings and give the max digits and finish digit( this would be according to your need) in that parameter page. After that you can use conditional routing to fulfill your logic of what to happen if the dtmf input is 1,2 or you can even capture empids as a dtmf

@saipavan45  I got that, I was able to create a parameter on the next page and enable DTMF. But it looks likes it Either DTMF or Voice input only.

I am not able setup in such a way to be able capture both. example "Please enter or say your 5 digit ZIP" ?
Is this possible ?

Hi @tharish72 @manojv 
what dtmf configuration you are setting for that parameter you should use # for final digit

For me it always works

Have you added intent in Route ?

For Example :

Fulfillment question is " what is your ID " and Customer response with "1234" and Intent is not configured in route then both voice and DTMF will work .

Fulfillment question is " what is your ID " and Customer response with "my ID is 1234" and Intent is configured  in route to capture ID "1234" then voice input works but not DTMF .

Hi @Karthik05 ,

We were not able to capture both voice and dtmf in a single page. we ended up capturing voice only in dialogflow.

From what you are saying if we dont add an intent then the sytem allows to use both voice and dtmf ?
But how would you further route the call without a intent in the route on the page ?

Yes if you are not configuring intent you can use both DTMF and voice input . I am able to achieve it . Instead of intend based routing you can use condition based to route to next page. 

Sorry for the confusion
With intent you cannot do use dtmf you must use parameter then only you can use DTMF
Best 
Piyush Garg

@tharish72 ,@manojv  were you able to fix it ? i am encountering the same problem now .

We now support set a DTMF pattern (regular expression) for each intent. With that, you may match intent with a DTMF sequence. 

In addition to set 'DTMF pattern' field below the training phrases, you have to specify when DTMF detection is on by enabling the DTMF settings in agent / flow / page / parameter settings

Solved !!

1. Create Custom Entity and add DTMF pattern to it.
  2. In intent added both dtmf_digits_XXXXX and [DTMF] XXXXXX as training phrase

Note : Under parameter section , DTMF is enabled but i have not set any terminating character for my usecase.