Permissions Issue with Google Sheets and Isolated Test Buckets

Hello Google Cloud Community,

I am encountering persistent permissions issues despite thorough troubleshooting. Here’s a brief overview of my setup:

• Objective: To integrate Google Sheets with isolated test buckets without script interference.
  • Current Configuration: My email and a designated 'mint' email have exclusive access roles.
  • Problem Encountered: Despite correct migrations and isolated environments, access to test buckets is unexpectedly restricted.

Steps Taken:

1. Ensured roles and principals are correctly assigned.
  2. Verified email permissions for both my account and the 'mint' email.
  3. Consulted Google Cloud Console documentation and sought direct support from Google.

Despite these efforts, the problem persists. I would appreciate any insights or recommendations from the community. Could there be a simple oversight in my setup? Looking forward to your expert advice.

Thank you!

Solved Solved
4 2 81
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for responding. I have taken these trouble shooting steps, and I am still having issues. Is there a way we can connect? I really could use another pair of eyes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Here are a few additional suggestions you might consider:

• Double-Check if the IAM roles assigned to your email and the 'mint' email are indeed configured correctly. Sometimes, small mistakes like typos or selecting the wrong role can cause unexpected access restrictions.
  • Check the audit logs in the Google Cloud Console to see if there are any relevant entries regarding access attempts or permission changes. This might give you additional insight into what's causing the restriction.
  • If you're using service accounts to access the test buckets, verify that the service accounts have the necessary permissions. Sometimes, the issue might not be with your personal accounts but with the service accounts used by the applications/scripts accessing the buckets.
  • Check if there are any policies set at the organization, folder, or project level that could be overriding the permissions you've set at the bucket level.
  • Even though you've mentioned isolating test buckets from script interference, double-check that there are no automated processes or scripts that might be altering permissions or settings unintentionally.

If all else fails, consider reaching out to Google Support again. Provide them with detailed information about your setup, steps taken, and the persistent issue you're encountering. They might be able to offer more targeted assistance or escalate the issue if necessary.

Thank you for responding. I have taken these trouble shooting steps, and I am still having issues. Is there a way we can connect? I really could use another pair of eyes.