Domain Mapping stuck at Certificate Provisioning

Hi, I am transferring my Google tag manager server-side setup from App engine to Cloud run. And I am using the same custom subdomain to point the traffic to. 

But when I add the custom domain to my domain mappings, I get the message "Waiting for certificate provisioning." and it remains stuck for days. 

The only difference with my app engine setup is that the geographic zone is europe-west6, which is not available in cloudrun, so for the latter I picked europe-west1.  

Any help would be much appreciated.

Have a good day,

Kicks

0 2 596
2 REPLIES 2

If your domain mapping process is stuck at the certificate provisioning stage, there could be several reasons for this issue. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the problem:

1. Check Certificate Authority (CA) Authorization: Ensure that your domain registrar has authorized the Certificate Authority (CA) to issue certificates for your domain. Some registrars require manual approval or configuration for certificate issuance.

2. Review DNS Settings: Verify that your DNS settings are correctly configured. The domain you are mapping should have the necessary DNS records (e.g., A or CNAME records) pointing to the correct IP address or load balancer associated with your application.

3. Check Domain Ownership: Confirm that you own and control the domain you are trying to map. Some certificate authorities may require domain verification through methods like DNS TXT records or email validation.

4. Review Certificate Issuance Logs: If possible, check the logs or error messages related to the certificate issuance process. This may provide more specific details about why the process is stuck.

5. Firewall and Network Settings: Ensure that there are no firewall or network restrictions preventing communication between your server and the certificate authority. The server needs to be able to communicate with the CA to complete the certificate provisioning process.

6. Certificate Revocation Check: Some CAs perform a revocation check before issuing a certificate. Ensure that the server is not on any certificate revocation list (CRL) and that it can successfully perform revocation checks.

7. Verify Server Accessibility: Confirm that the server associated with your domain is accessible from the internet. If there are issues with the server's accessibility, the CA may be unable to verify the domain.

8. Check Certificate Authority Status: Verify the status of the certificate authority's services. Occasionally, CAs may experience downtime or issues that could affect the certificate provisioning process.

9. Contact Certificate Authority Support: If the issue persists and you've ruled out issues on your end, consider reaching out to the certificate authority's support for assistance. They may be able to provide more insights into the problem.

10. Retry the Process: In some cases, certificate provisioning issues may be temporary. Retry the domain mapping and certificate provisioning process after some time to see if the issue resolves itself.

Remember to document any error messages or relevant details encountered during the troubleshooting process, as these can be valuable when seeking assistance from support channels or forums. If the problem persists, you may need to involve your domain registrar or the support channels of the certificate authority you are using for certificate issuance.

Hi @KicksTerz ,

I agree with @markWyatt 's answer. In addition to that, please review the SSL configuration for the custom domain. Also, check for the Cloud Run logs for error messages. You have to make sure that europe-west1 is also a supported region for Cloud Run.

Top Labels in this Space