[Apigee X] Always null data collectors

Hello Community,

we are migrating from Apigee Edge to Apigee X.

During tests it turned out that data collectors are not populated with data - in custom reports they are always null (in exports to Big Query there are also only null value in data collectors fields). We tested this feature in Apigee X evaluation org and it was working ok.

Our org has "Deployment Groups feature" enabled (it is possible to deploy more than 50 proxies in single env). In evaluation org we did not have this feature enabled.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create Data Collector - name: dc_test1, type: string

2. Create a simple proxy "test1" with only one policy:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<DataCapture name="Data-Capture-1" continueOnError="false" enabled="true">
    <DisplayName>Data Capture-1</DisplayName>
    <IgnoreUnresolvedVariables>false</IgnoreUnresolvedVariables>
    <Capture>
        <Collect ref="environment.name"/>
        <DataCollector>dc_test1</DataCollector>
    </Capture>
</DataCapture>

3. Enable trace and call the proxy. We can see that "Data-Capture-1" policy is called and "environment.name" variable is not null

4. Create simple custom report (after 10 minutes) with sum(Traffic) and dc_test1 as dimension. We can see only null values for dc_test1

We both tried to create the DC/proxy with GCP console and Apigee API - no differences always null DC.

We would like to ask you for assistance in solving the issue.

2 1 198
1 REPLY 1

Hi, I have encountered the same issue. It might not be related to this, but I observed during the call debugging that the "AnalyticsPublisher" step is being "skipped" because the expression "(analytics not null)" is evaluated as "false".

Having said that, however, I noticed that my "dc_" variable is not among the variables being read, but there are other variables present.

What could be the reason for this?