SmartDocs not reachable

- I have an OnPrem installation with version 4.50

- SmartDocs is installed on the same server as the Management Server and my Drupal 7 developer portal is installed on a different server

- From the Drupal server API documentation, when I am trying to test the API, the Developer portal is sending the request to http://{host-name}:59001/smartdocs/v1/sendrequest?targeturl={api proxy url}

- I am getting an ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error.

- I checked on the Management server, there is no service listening on port 59001, also I checked and /opt/apigee/apigee-validate/bundles/smartdocs.zip is available which means SmartDocs is installed?

• Is there a way for me to check if the SmartDocs service is up and runnning?
  • Or is there a way to start the service?
  • Or reinstall it?

Any advise?

Solved Solved
0 3 251
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@mayukh,

We recommend you use Apigee modules with Drupal 9. You can find the instructions here. 

Apigee modules on Drupal 7 are in maintenance mode. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Should i just upgrade to Drupal 8? Are there any specific benefits? Any thoughts, help?

@mayukh,

We recommend you use Apigee modules with Drupal 9. You can find the instructions here. 

Apigee modules on Drupal 7 are in maintenance mode. 

Thank you @gitesh i will look it up and prepare for an upgrade. Any tips on how to figure out why the API call would fail for SmartDocs? Is there a service i need to get up and running?

The reason I am asking is that even if I install Drupal 9, the functionality would still fail since the SmartDocs service is not running?