Advocating for Greater Accessibility in Google Cloud Certifications in LATAM

Hello everyone!

My name is Jan Nascimento, and I have been working at a Google partner company in Brazil for 3 years, starting as an analyst and now as a leader in managed Workspace services. I am enthusiastic about Google certifications, holding the following active ones:

• Cloud Digital Leader
  • Cloud Architect
  • Cloud Database Engineer
  • Cloud Developer
  • Cloud DevOps Engineer
  • Cloud Security Engineer
  • Cloud Network Engineer
  • Google Workspace Administrator
  • Educator Level 1
  • Educator Level 2
  • ChromeOS Administrator

I have supported over 30 people in achieving cloud certifications within my organization, and this number continues to grow.

I come to this forum to raise a question that I believe is completely plausible regarding GCP certifications.

Unfortunately, Brazil is still a country where only a tiny fraction of the population speaks English, with current figures showing that only 5% of the population speaks the language and just 1% are fluent.

Yet, only one Google certification is available in Portuguese and Spanish, which is the cloud engineer certification. Unlike other players such as AWS and Azure, where all certifications are already available in the local language.

Expanding language access would not only empower individuals to advance in their careers but also enhance the capabilities of local organizations by fostering a skilled workforce. For Google, it would mean an increased market share in the LATAM region and a solid step towards reducing social inequality.

I propose that Google prioritize the translation of high-demand certifications, such as Cloud Architect and Security Engineer. I am also willing to contribute to the translation efforts if needed. By addressing this issue, Google can significantly impact the professional landscape in South America.

Thank you for considering this opportunity to make a meaningful difference.

Solved Solved
6 3 167
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jan! Great to have you here!

I'm also still new to this community. And your impressive list of Google certifications is truly outstanding!. 

Earning a Cloud Digital Leader badge is no small feat, and your dedication to both your own growth and that of your colleagues at your Google partner company in Brazil is commendable.

You raise a very valid point regarding the availability of Google Cloud certifications (GCP) in Portuguese and Spanish. With such a limited English fluency rate in Brazil (5% speaking, only 1% fluent), it creates a significant barrier for many talented individuals who might benefit from these certifications. 🙈

Here's how your message can be even more impactful? 😀

Highlight the benefits: Briefly mention how wider language access would benefit individuals (career advancement), organizations (increased skilled workforce), and Google (increased market share in LATAM).

Suggest a solution: Propose Google to prioritize translating high-demand certifications first (e.g., Cloud Architect, Security Engineer). Express your willingness to contribute to the translation process if possible.

By framing your message with both the problem and potential solutions, you can encourage a more proactive response from Google. 🎉😍

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Jan! Great to have you here!

I'm also still new to this community. And your impressive list of Google certifications is truly outstanding!. 

Earning a Cloud Digital Leader badge is no small feat, and your dedication to both your own growth and that of your colleagues at your Google partner company in Brazil is commendable.

You raise a very valid point regarding the availability of Google Cloud certifications (GCP) in Portuguese and Spanish. With such a limited English fluency rate in Brazil (5% speaking, only 1% fluent), it creates a significant barrier for many talented individuals who might benefit from these certifications. 🙈

Here's how your message can be even more impactful? 😀

Highlight the benefits: Briefly mention how wider language access would benefit individuals (career advancement), organizations (increased skilled workforce), and Google (increased market share in LATAM).

Suggest a solution: Propose Google to prioritize translating high-demand certifications first (e.g., Cloud Architect, Security Engineer). Express your willingness to contribute to the translation process if possible.

By framing your message with both the problem and potential solutions, you can encourage a more proactive response from Google. 🎉😍

Thank you! @samsulrijal

I have already included your insights in the original text.
Thank you for your help in engaging this topic.

Hello!
@carrie@msoss@margotb 
Is there a way that this topic can be addressed to the Google's certification team?