Unknown charge in GCP Billing! What is Download APAC SKU in Cloud Storage service?

I noticed I'm being charged for SKU "Download APAC" in the service "Cloud Storage" from April 15th and the charge is pretty significant compared to my other services. 

I do use google cloud and have about 4-5 GB of data stored which hasn't changed much but I'm surprised by this new charge and don't know what/where is it coming from and what can I do to reduce it? 

I'm attaching the billing details as well to understand better. Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2024-05-04 at 8.51.14 AM.png

4 1 74
1 REPLY 1

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @lazyedlabcoder,

The "Download APAC" charge under Cloud Storage likely refers to the cost of transferring data from Google Cloud Storage servers located in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region to your local device or another server. The amount of data you have stored (4-5 GB) isn't directly related to this charge. 

Without knowing more about how you all are using GCP, common causes of these types of charges include:

• Regular Backups: If you have automated backups that move data out of the APAC region, this could explain the charge.
  • Content Delivery: If you serve content (like images or videos) to users in other regions, the data would need to be transferred, incurring charges.
  • Application Architecture: The way your applications are designed could lead to frequent data transfers between regions.

Have you been in touch with Google Cloud Billing Support or your account team? You have several options for contacting Google Cloud Billing Support:

Help Center:

Chat Support:

• If you have a paid Google Cloud subscription, you should see a chat support option in the Google Cloud Console when you are logged in. This is often the fastest way to get in touch with a support agent.

Phone Support:

• If you have a paid subscription, you can find phone numbers for Google Cloud Billing support in the Help Center or your console. You may need to navigate through a few menus to find the correct number.

Important Note: Be prepared to provide your Google Cloud Project ID and a detailed description of your billing issue when you contact support. This will help them resolve your issue more efficiently.

I hope this helps!

Top Labels in this Space