Transform RawData Bq table to Json Bq table

Hi everyone,

I'm facing a major issue this week and need a solution as quickly as possible. I have a table with a JSON field named source_data, and I'm trying to transform its structure to extract all values. Here's an example of the current structure in source_data:

BilelBS_0-1714052041563.png

{"_id":{
    "$oid":"648f659e7fxxx"},
"connectorType":{
    "format":"SOxxx",
    "standard":"CEl_xxx"},
"electricalCharacteristics":{
    "maxAmperageInA":18,
    "maxElectricPowerInW":34000,
    "maxVoltageInV":
        {"$numberDecimal":"230.000000000"},
    "phases":"L1_L5_L4",
    "powerType":"AC_3_PHASE"},
"entityInfo":{
    "auditInfo":{"created":{"timestamp":{"$date":"1970-01-01T00:00:00Z"},"user":""}},
    "code":"",
    "externalIds":[{"id":"111-0","origin":"test","type":"testlegacy"},{"id":"US*mac*X*here*738*1*2*1","origin":"test","type":"testLEGACY"},{"id":"01:13:G6:61:FD:RE//3","origin":"TEST","type":"OD"}],"externalLinks":[],"organizations":[],"ownerRef":{"code":"","debugLabel":"?","id":"6665","organizationRef":{"id":"554","type":"Orga"},"serviceType":"MC"},"shortLabel":"","statuses":[{"status":"TEST","timestamp":{"$date":"1999-06-23T10:21:00.524Z"}}],"tags":{"SETUP_LOCK":"test"}},
"evseRef":{"id":"648f659e7fxxx","type":"EV"},
}

To transform this into a more structured format, I used the following query:

BilelBS_1-1714052703626.png

Select 

JSON_VALUE(source_data, '$._id.oid') as id,
  STRUCT(
  JSON_VALUE(source_data, "$.connectorType.format") AS Format,
  JSON_VALUE(source_data,"$.connectiorType.standard") AS Standard
  ) AS ConnectorType,
  JSON_VALUE(source_data,"$.orderNumber") AS orderNumber
from Jsontable

However, I want to make this process dynamic and scalable, as I have multiple tables with different field configurations. Ideally, I'd like to create a query that automatically navigates through each JSON object and constructs new tables with the desired structure for all field without prior definition .

If anyone has experience with this kind of transformation or has suggestions for achieving this dynamically across different tables, I'd greatly appreciate your insights. Thank you in advance for your help!

0 1 49
1 REPLY 1

Hi @ms4446 

Would you have any guidance about the post above? Thank you in advance for your help?