Embedding Looker Studio reports vs embedding Looker dashboards

We embed Looker dashboards in our app. From what we've seen from Google's presentations, it sounds like the future of the front-end for Looker is Looker Studio. So I imagine some day we're going to need to start embedding Looker Studio reports vs Looker dashboards. 

Right now with Looker we give users access to different folders, models, and dashboards based on their user permissions.

Looking at the Looker Studio embed docs, it looks like its embed functionality doesn't accommodate advanced use cases like this. From what I could tell from the docs, you can't even edit an embedded report?

My question is has anyone moved (or tried to move) from embedding Looker dashboards to embedding Looker Studio dashboards? How does the functionality compare?

0 1 35
1 REPLY 1

The front end for Looker is not Looker Studio. They were separate products being integrated  into 1.  Looker Studio will be accessible in Looker via a separate tab. Not the other way around.

You can already apply for a Looker Studio Pro License as a Looker customer. Looker Studio Pro is paid Looker Studio with enhanced security features. If you are accessing Looker Studio from Looker they will have the same security and access set up as for your whole Looker instance, aside from any additional external data you're trying to bring in. 

Looker Studio embedded reports are limited to public or private but they don't have advanced access management. And I doubt this will be developed for the free product. 

Hope this was helpful!