You've reached your rate limit. Please try again later Gemini 1.5 pro

I have been using Gemini 1.5 Pro for a while today ı want to test the Gemini for how it responds in natural talk. Then I ask it to talk to me like a friend. I tested for a while like 20 minutes just normal chatting then it gave me this error " You've reached your rate limit. Please try again later. "  Normal Gemini 1.0 is working normally in  Google Aİ studio but 1.5 doesn't respond. How can I solve this?

Solved Solved
1 6 2,667
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You must be reaching either the input or the output token limit for 1.5 version:

Input token limit 1048576
Output token limit 8192

Please be reminded that this model version is on Preview state at the moment and intended for testing/evaluation purposes only (and due to this may lack support for this gemini model) 

Reference: 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You must be reaching either the input or the output token limit for 1.5 version:

Input token limit 1048576
Output token limit 8192

Please be reminded that this model version is on Preview state at the moment and intended for testing/evaluation purposes only (and due to this may lack support for this gemini model) 

Reference: 

Thanks

I also encountered this issue. How did you solve it?

I have been getting this message all day.  Just signed up yesterday and haven't been able to use 1.5 at all today.

What is the period for this limit? Is it a daily limit, monthly limit, or user limit? When can we use it again?

Assuming that you are using Google AI Studio, the rate limits for the Gemini models are all listed over here: https://ai.google.dev/gemini-api/docs/models/gemini . When you visit this link, you can go to the specific model and observe the following:

1. Input Token Limit
  2. Output Token Limit
  3. Rate Limit. This clearly mentions no. of calls per minute or per day. There can be a bit of variance here. 

Additionally, keep in mind that the documentation mentions that due to capacity constraints, the rate limits could be impacted. Ref --> https://ai.google.dev/gemini-api/docs/models/gemini#rate-limits