How to know what version of cluster autoscaler is running in my GKE cluster

cluster autoscaler in GKE is a managed component so How can I know the version of it? 

Solved Solved
2 5 96
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As reported in the previous message, the version of HPA is aligned to the GKE Cluster version.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello @ronakig31 ,

As reported in the following documentation https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47130170/how-to-check-kubernetes-cluster-autoscaler-version you can find the autoscaler version with a simplex workaround queryinf the API Server because GKE and its autoscaler are strictly coupled:

kubectl get pods --all-namespaces -o=jsonpath="{..image}" -l app=cluster-autoscaler

@Hi @MaxImbrox  , But in GKE`s case you don't have access to cluster-autoscaler. I can't see that deployment in my cluster 

Have you tried to search the related microservice in all namespaces?

Keep in mind that the autoscaler is tied to the version of the GKE cluster. Therefore, the version of the autoscaler will generally align with the GKE cluster version. You can also try:

gcloud container clusters describe my-cluster --region us-central1 --format="json"

Replace my-cluster with the name of your cluster, and us-central1 with the region where your cluster is located.

gcloud container clusters describe my-cluster --region us-central1 --format="json" | jq -r '.nodePools[] | select(.autoscaling.enabled == true) | .version'

The command should provide you with the version of the node pools with autoscaling enabled in your GKE cluster.

I did but the CA config map is in kube-system  which shows status but no version.

As reported in the previous message, the version of HPA is aligned to the GKE Cluster version.

Top Labels in this Space