Issues with uploading files locally to GCP Bucket

Hi this is my first day using GCP. I wanted to upload about 40,000 files in a folder with multiple sub folders and has about 120 GB of data.

I do not need to use the data in cloud so I created an Archive Bucket and tried to upload my folder.  I only want to have a backup of my files incase of a local hardware failure so I thought this would be a good option.  Was hoping to upload files and never touch them unless I need my files after a failure.

The transfer starts and about 20 files get uploaded and then the system just seems to freeze on me and I don't get any errors that I can see

My first question is where do I go to see the logs and try to help determine why the upload is failing.

I was also looking into using CLI gsutil but can't seem to get that working either.  I am using the CP command but not sure what to put as the directory.

My Files are located in F:\Pics so I assumed that is what I would put but I get an error saying URL doesn't exist.  Thought this would be an easy solution for my needs but I am starting to think this is going to be a lot more complicated than I first expected.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Update: I was able to get the gsutil copy command to work by using the Google Cloud SDK I was trying to use the cloud console before so I am guessing that was my mistake.

It is working and can upload many files and sub folders in a folder but I can only seem to see files that are on my C: drive I am not able to change to another local drive in my system.

So close but still so far away as I can't seem to find a way to get that working.

0 1 65
1 REPLY 1

So I am getting closer to having it work. I was able to start my upload using the Google Cloud SDK and then doing the gsutil copy command to copy files to cloud.  It started uploading many files but I canceled it as it was only a test.  The remaining issue is I can only seem to upload from my C:\ Drive and not able to change to my F:\ Drive.