Unable to Delete a Firestore Database After Cross-Region Restore

Hello Google Cloud community,

I recently encountered an issue while trying to delete a Firestore database, and I'm seeking your assistance in resolving it.

Here's a summary of the situation:

1. Initially, I deleted a Firestore database.

2. Subsequently, I created a new Firestore database in a different region.

3. I attempted to restore data to the new database from a backup, but I encountered difficulties due to the different regions.

4. Now, I find myself unable to delete the new database, and I receive the following error message: "ERROR: (gcloud.alpha.firestore.databases.delete) FAILED_PRECONDITION: Precondition check failed."

I suspect that the issue might be related to the cross-region restore or some lingering configurations. I'd appreciate any guidance on how to properly delete this database and resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance for your help!

renanpk_0-1695776651364.png

1 REPLY 1

Hi @renanpk,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

There are a few things you can try to resolve the issue of being unable to delete a Firestore database after a cross-region restore:

• Make sure you are targeting the correct database and have the necessary permissions to delete it.
  • Verify that any third-party tools you are using are compatible with Firestore.
  • Remember that database deletion is irreversible, so make sure you have backed up your data before deleting the database.
  • Disable any regional retention policies or rulesets that may be preventing the deletion.
  • Try deleting the database from the gcloud command-line tool.
  • Contact Google Cloud support for assistance if you are still unable to delete the database.

Here are some additional tips:

• Make sure you are using the latest version of the gcloud command-line tool.
  • Try deleting the database from a different browser or device.
  • Try deleting the database during off-peak hours.