regional external load balancer w/ cloud run Host: example.com is not in the cert's altnames

Hi, i've encountered an issue.
I used a regional load balancer in front of my cloud run.

Screen Shot 2024-05-03 at 3.52.45 PM.png

The load balancer is attached with my own ssl certificates.

i have confirmed the ssl certificates Subject Alternative Name is correctly align with my custom domain.

i have pointed to my load balancer's IP with cloud dns with my domain. And added the nameserver to my domain provider.

i can successfully enter my website with the custom domain. But all the request to my cloud run server has 500 error. The log of cloud run shows: Host: example.com is not in the cert's altnames: DNS:*.a.run.app, DNS:run.app, DNS:*.africa-south1.run.app, DNS:*.asia-east1.run.app.....

Any idea? Thank you so much

0 1 54
1 REPLY 1

Good day @asde29873012549 ,

Welcome to the Google Cloud Community!

Unfortunately, this would be difficult to troubleshoot without more details on what the actual issue is but it looks like there is a mismatch between the hostname in the SSL certificate and  the actual hostname being used to access your Cloud run.

It also might be possible that your DNS records are not yet propagated across the internet. Please bear in mind that sometimes propagation across the internet takes up to 72 hours.

Hope you find this information useful.