How can I give someone access to all Workspace Meet recordings?

Is there a way to give select users access to all Meet recordings for the entire workspace? It's annoying to always have to figure out who the meeting owner is and request access.

The user should be able to not only watch the recording, but also Share and Download it.

0 2 1,339
2 REPLIES 2

If you are an invitee to the meeting, it will automatically place the recording of the meeting in the calendar invite and all attendees have access.  If you go back to a recorded meeting in Calendar you can see it in the event details.  Even attendees also automatically get access to the drive.   The file is placed in drive but not to a location non organizers can access but they can search and find the file.

If you want non attendees to be added to the file, this is more challenging to accomplish.  You said all meets so essentially, the user would need access to any Meet Recordings folder in the Drive.  One issue here is if you share all Meet Recording folders the user would now have multiple my Recording folders to comb through when finding a file.   The only thing I can think of for this scenario is to run a script at a given interval that adds the users to any file acl that is within a folder named "Meet Recordings."

Hello @Mattvanstelle ,
You found a solution for your issue?

I guess "newman" was referrig to calendar guest from the same domain. Officially it should be like this:
Individual meeting participants in the same organization as the meeting organizer automatically get access to the recording. Groups don't automatically get access.

If someone outside your organization tries to click on a meet recording link placed in the calendar event, a access request will be shown.